Income & Asset Protection Attorney

How do I protect my property and my family from creditor claims?

We can discuss with you the legal means available to protect your income and assets, including the property you intend to leave to your heirs, from potential claims of creditors. This is an imperfect and uncertain world. This kind of specialized planning has become a priority for many people who want to protect their assets for their retirement or for future generations. The strategies that may be right for you include:

  • Asset Protection Trusts
  • Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Marital Property and Cohabitation Agreements
  • Discretionary Spendthrift Trusts
  • Special Needs or Supplemental Needs Trusts
  • IRA Protection Trusts
  • Liability Insurance Planning
  • Health and Disability Insurance Planning

We consider the right asset protection strategies for your heirs in every trust we prepare.

Your circumstances will determine if you need additional protection during your lifetime.

Be aware that in order to be most effective, the planning should be done before your creditor claim arises.

How do I protect my grandchildren?

You do not want your child's spouse or other in-laws getting all or the part of your estate you intend to leave for the benefit your grandchildren. This can become a problem if your child has passed or if your child gets a divorce. A carefully worded trust, in your will or separately, will solve theses issues and eliminate these kinds of problems before they even arise. We address these situations in every trust we create for your children and grandchildren. A good trust can provide valuable asset protection so a grandchild's creditor or other people won't get your property. We usually provide a mechanism for extending the term of the trust for as long as having asset protection would be in your grandchild's best interest.

The Capelle Law Firm provides comprehensive estate planning services in Plano, Frisco, Collin County, Denton County and the Dallas area. Call 214-387-6040 now to schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation